- Serial ATA (SATA) replaces Parallel ATA (PATA, a.k.a. IDE) as the new standard for high speed, reliable data transfer between your computers motherboard and storage drives. SATA provides faster data transfers, less clutter due to a more compact cable, leading to better in-case air circulation and ability to hot swap connections.
- First generation SATA is generally referred to simply as SATA, but is also known as SATA 150 or SATA 1, has a thoughput of 1.5 gbit/s. It is an internal interface that uses "L" type connectors. They are referred to as "L" connectors because if you look at the female connector head on, it has a sideways "L" shaped slot. The male connector has an "L" shaped tongue.
- Second generation SATA is known as SATA 3 Gbps but commonly referred to as SATA 2 and sometimes SATA 300. It supports a 3.0 Gbps transfer rate and also uses the "L" type connector. SATA 2 cables are backward compatible with first generation SATA devices. However, maximum throughput will be limited to the least common denominator.
- To go with the newer SATA interface, SATA drives usually employ a new 15 pin power connector as oppose to the older 4 pin Molex power connectors used on older system. However, some drives will have both types of connections for ease of installation into legacy systems.
- With Locking Capability
- 6GB Maximum transfer rate
- Hot-swap capability
- Thinner Cable construction compares with ATA
Shipping and Returns
- We offer tracked shipping on all orders. Tracking information will be shared as soon as the order is dispatched.
- Please check the delivery estimate before adding a product to the cart. This is displayed for every product on the website.
- Available shipping methods and charges will be displayed at the time of checkout, depending on your exact location.
- All customers are entitled to a return window of 14 days, starting from the date of delivery of the product(s).
- Customers are advised to read our return policy for details of the return process, eligibility, refunds as well as cancellations or exchanges.
- In case of any issues or concerns about Shipping or Returns, please contact us and we will be happy to help.